POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image : Re: image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image
From: alphaQuad
Date: 5 Nov 2007 14:25:01
Message: <web.472f6d7d2a06dfe9c51101a30@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> 1) use a hollow sphere around your scene (or use inverse) set background to
> black
> 2) give it the required color gradient you would give a sky_sphere, but use
> a partial transparency, ambient 1, diffuse 0
> 3) put the moon and the light source (sun) outside of this sphere: the parts
> in shadow will have the same color as the local sky
> 4) if you want to use radiosity: use an interior_texture on your sphere. The
> ouside texture should be rgb 0, with transmit=1

from that I applied (inside and out) a gradient (as)"you would give a
sky_sphere"
with a transparency but apparently did not have the experience required.

with filter numbers 1 and .5, both produced a strange patern.

You may learn more figuring things out for yourself but
if you can get there alone, you wont learn a thing. In the nov2005 thread it was
asked "how did you do that"? A picture (a script) is worth a thousand words of
explanation. It is a loss to many when code is not posted.

failed attempt
sphere { <0,0,0>, 100.0
  uv_mapping
  material { half_moon }